YOUR OWN INHOUSE / OFFSITE PACKAGING DEPARTMENT
Our package services include development, design, engineering, graphics, testing, specification management and consulting for packaging functions for our global clients.
PACKAGE DEVELOPMENT & ENGINEERING
• One Company for all activities ranging from “Concepts” to “Commissioning”, includes conceptualization of new design, prototype development, trials and commercial production.
• Value Engineering:
Redesigning of existing Package to give new aesthetics, reduction in package cost, improved market presence, functional performance improvement.
• Damage Control:
Transit damages due to improper packaging material specifications.
Redefining primary, secondary/ tertiary package specifications.
Defining palletization specification using software.
Specifying containerization procedure with strapping, dunnage bags etc.
Carrying out simulated transit trial &/or actual transit trials with trial loads.
Commercial trials and finalization of specifications.
PACKAGE DESIGN / ARTWORK / PROTOTYPE DEVELOPMENT
3D visualization of new packaging concept, Video clip generation for easy sharing, artwork development (artwork adaptation, KLD development, text modification, non-creative parts).
MOLD DEVELOPMENT / QUALIFICATION / MANAGEMENT
Existing Molds Maintenance, periodic health check-ups & relocation with test protocols.
New Molds development & validation.
Pilot mold development & feasibility check for new concepts
ASSEMBLY LINE & MACHINE VALIDATION
• Developing machine qualification protocols based on which the machines can be accepted by client (IQ, OQ, PQ, FAT Checklists & various functional challenge checklists).
• Conducting the machine qualification tests at the Machine manufacturer’s site (Factory Acceptance Tests) & at Converter’s manufacturing sites (Site Acceptance Tests) & providing Machine Acceptance approvals on behalf of client wherever required.
• Ensuring all protocols are properly followed during the qualification process to minimize any future risks from the assembly machines.
• Regular performance monitoring of the assembly machines & work out solutions for further performance improvements.
• Equity has been carrying out Machine development programs for clients in Europe and Asia. Some of the machines developed or being developed are
- Sachet filling lines
- Spray channel assembly lines
- Tooth paste filling lines
• Fully trained team of professionals with hands-on experience in implementing / maintaining specification management systems globally.
• Collecting the data from Vendors, Suppliers & Convertors globally. Populating specifications into document management system.
• Implementing standard specifications region wise & country wise.
• Project Scope includes: Migration, Management, Creation, Maintenance, Harmonization, Cleansing, Enrichment
• Working Knowledge: Product Vision, InterSpec, Optiva, Meridian
MARKET RESEARCH / COMPETITIVE BENCHMARKING
Market trend study, Bench marking of competitor products, analyzing packages and recommending right package and product.
Either from internal pool of engineers having experience ranging from 1 year to 25+ years or thru new recruitment. We provide this strength of resource/s for short or long term onsite/ offsite support to clients.
Packaging related problem solving after Root Cause Analysis – filling line nozzle dripping, shrink sleeve / label application, leakage, sealing failure etc.
VENDOR EVALUATION / VENDOR DEVELOPMENT
New/alternative vendor development, vendor evaluation and qualification.
OTHER PACKAGING DEVELOPMENT ACTIVITIES
Technology transfer from R&D to Manufacturing locations.
Line trials & validation of packs at all Client Locations for NPD projects.
Transit Trial evaluation at major Client warehouses.
Testing laboratory management (maintenance & conducting tests with proper protocols).
Packaging material vendor audits & performance ratings.